MOVING FROM THE UK TO SWEDEN?
Are you considering a move to Sweden from the UK - it has never been easier! ClickMoves provides a weekly door to door moving service to all areas of Sweden. So whether it’s green and peaceful Stockholm or the cultural delights of Gothenburg, if you are thinking of relocating to Sweden, ClickMoves can provide an efficient and affordable removal service that suits you:
- you can either choose our super quick “European Assisted Removal Service” option, which is popular for clients moving to Sweden on a tight budget.
- or our “European Consolidated Moving Service, which is perfect if you are looking for an economical way to move to Sweden with a full home of furniture and personal effects.
- and finally our “European Premium Moving Service” which offers guaranteed removal and delivery dates, with packing , unpacking, re-assembly of furniture and everything else that you might need to make a stress-free move to Sweden.
So if you are wondering how to move to Sweden from the UK, please contact us and talk to one of our expert Relocation Consultants.
WE’RE GOOD, BUT DON’T
TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT...
What Will Need to be done?
Choosing the right international removal service is a big decision and requires a lot of planning, so we encourage all of our customers to speak with a ClickMoves relocation consultant via a video call. We need to know your requirements (dates, budget, expectations etc), and we need to take a look at everything that needs to be moved, and access for our professional removals team. We also need to discuss other aspects such as customs requirements, visas, transit insurance for international moves, and storage.
RELEVANT BLOG POSTS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It varies depending on the services required (for example packing/unpacking, storage in transit etc), and most importantly the volume and sometimes weight of the furniture and personal effects that you moving to Sweden. Prices for moving to Sweden start as low as £490.00
It varies depending the volume and sometimes weight of the furniture and personal effects that you moving to Sweden. Prices for storage removals start as low as £10.00 per month
BREXIT will continue to have an impact on what you can send with your removal service to Sweden, and your Click Moves relocation consultant with guide on the latest customs regulations for international removals. However in general, you will be able to import used household goods and personal effects for your own use, and not for re-sale.
Having trouble deciding if I should move all of my furniture or only my personal effects. What do you suggest?
Generally speaking the international removal costs will be cheaper than buying furniture new, so if you’re thinking of getting an unfurnished apartment or house we suggest you to take the furniture with you. However you have the option of renting a furnished or part furnished place , in which case you may not need to take everything with you. You also have the option of renting furniture of course, however overtime that becomes more expensive than shipping or buying new, so that really depends on how long you intend to stay in your new Country
We recommend that you do because there are risks when transporting fragile things thousands of miles by land , sea and air. We take every possible precaution to minimise that risk, but the simple fact is that risks do remain, and this is the reason why the Movers cannot guarantee a damage free move and we limit our liability for damage. The transit insurance is just in place to ensure that you get compensated in case something happens.
For an international removals by land, sea or air all small items and personal effects need to be wrapped, boxed and stackable. Furniture and other items that cannot be boxed (pictures, mirrors etc) will be wrapped by your expert movers . Export wrapping does depend on your final destination and the mode of transport, but generally for sea and air freight packing consists of several layers of different material that ensures your furniture is protected, but also is still able to breathe. This is to ensure that there is less chance of condensation forming, which can occur with temperature changes whilst your goods are in transit to your new home abroad. All items are numbered and inventoried, this is required so that we can ensure all items are tracked throughout the transit process, and it may also required for customs clearance.
Sorting out your financial planning is critical prior to relocating overseas. Take a look at the main aspects of finance you need to organise before you leave the country:
- Bank accounts and credit cards– do you need to keep your UK bank accounts? Certainly you do if you will continue to own assets in the UK, such as property. Before you get settled into your new home, you should also set up an international account. Many UK banks will offer these, so it won’t be a stressful process. There is also a new wave of on-line banking options which enables cheap and easy currency exchanges, transfers, and financial management.
- Pensions – You can either leave your pension in the UK, or transfer it to an approved arrangement in your new country of residence. But before you move, you must inform your current pension holder.
- Existing insurance and other financial commitments – you will need to carefully go through your bank statements and ensure that you cancel any standing orders or direct debits that you will no longer need. And check that any unnecessary insurance polices are cancelled (many have an auto-renew policy these days).
- Income taxes – Whether you have to pay expat taxes will depend on your own personal circumstances. You can check on the government website whether you’ll still be liable for tax whilst overseas.
Get a free international moving quote by simply filling in the from below - it should only take a minute.